Mental health and well-being course for gamers, parents and professionals
Watch our short video or click the button below to receive immediate access:
How can the course be used?
Gaming World is a series of five short videos that can be used as a tool in a number of settings:
Who is the course for?
Gaming World is for gamers, families, professionals, support services, and youth clubs and organizations:
- Gamers – to develop and maintain healthy gaming habits for positive mental health and well-being.
- Parents – to increase understanding of gaming and esports, provide a common language, help address any concerns and support effective parenting strategies.
- Teachers, school counselors and school support services – to gain a greater knowledge of gaming and esports, and understand strategies for developing a healthy relationship with gaming.
- Mental health practitioners and addiction counselors – to increase rapport with gamers and provide psychoeducation in individual or group sessions (face-to-face or virtual), and discuss as part of treatment.
- Organizations that offer youth training and workshops – to include this mini-course in other training or offer it as a stand-alone course to help reduce gaming and gambling-related harm in gaming and esports.
- Esports clubs – to help players capitalize on the opportunities and minimize the potential harms of esports, all students should take this course as a prerequisite to joining the team.
- Other sports teams – students in other sports teams would benefit from taking this course to protect and improve their mental health as a high percentage of athletes play video games.
Course Overview & Curriculum
The Gaming World course is a comprehensive guide to the modern world of gaming. Learn about the benefits and risks of esports, and how to help steer a gamer’s passion in a healthy and positive direction.
The Gaming World curriculum includes:
Facts and statistics about the modern world of gaming. Benefits of gaming and esports including improved cognitive abilities, increased motivation, better emotional regulation and building STEM skills.
How to make a career out of gaming and esports. Industry interviews with esports athletes and content creators.
Healthy gaming explained by Dr Ryan Terao, esports and clinical psychologist. Common gaming issues and how gamers can protect themselves.
Gaming and the brain – the effects of dopamine on gamer behavior. In-game overspending and how the line between gaming and gambling has become increasingly blurred.
How to develop safer gaming habits – two key strategies explained. Getting support for gaming issues from parents, friends, school counsellors, teachers, coaches, medical professionals or online support communities.
After completing this module, you will have gained tools, strategies and specific considerations to apply to working with this client base and their families.
Designed by leading experts in gaming, esports and mental health
The course has been designed by leading experts in gaming, esports and mental health – Dr Ryan Terao, a tier 1 esports psychologist, and Cam Adair, an international speaker on mental health in gaming.
It includes interviews with high-profile esports athletes and content creators.
Dr Ryan Terao
Rikke Nørgaard Elster
Head of Mental Health Tech at We.Care
Executive Director, Varsity Esports Foundation
Content Creator and Influencer
NAECAD High School Esports Director of the Year 2021-22
Forbes Africa Top 30 Under 30
Commonwealth Games gold medallist
Purchase your annual license now for just US$99.
Organizations wishing to use the content for commercial purposes, or to white label the course, should contact us for IP licensing rights. For group discounts, IP license and white labeling, contact email@example.com
IndividualPay in Full - charged in SGD
1 hour training
1 year content access
Learn from experts
Let's make gaming and esports a safe experience
Contact us for more information on our training programs, campaigns or consulting services.